About the Team
The Information Security team enforces UC Berkeley's information security policies with the goal of maintaining network security and protecting the privacy of student and other sensitive data. Through scanning of systems and security reviews for applications and systems, the team ensures security standards for servers and workstations are met. The team also collaborates with other teams in SAIT to promote safe computing practices and awareness for both students and staff.
Terms of Employment
- Must be a currently enrolled UC Berkeley student with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Period of employment begins in October 2019 and runs through at least May 2020.
- Offer is contingent upon successful clearance of:
- Criminal background check
- Must be available to work:
- Academic Year 2019-20: 8-12 hours per week
- Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactory job performance evaluation by supervisor(s).
Proactively works to improves the security posture of SAIT and its clients
Collaborates with the Information Security team and other staff
Examples of projects and daily tasks
What You'll Learn on the Job
- Working in a team environment
- Interacting with colleagues from every generation
- Emergency incident response and planning
- Penetration testing techniques, tools, and related skills
- Appropriate balance of planning and flexibility
- Familiarity with or strong willingness to learn about basic information security concepts (e.g. firewalls, threat analysis, etc.)
- Strong presentation and customer service skills, with the ability to engage diverse audiences and adapt communication style
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to complete routine processes required for security integrity
- Interest in teaching, mentoring, or training others (including those who do not have a technical background)
- Ability to complete work assignments autonomously and within the context of a team
- Experience in teaching or training others
- Experience writing documentation