About the Team
The Software Development team develops web-based applications and back-end tools in support of Student Technology Services staff and the broader student community. The Software Development team works closely with other Student Affairs IT teams to maintain current applications and develop new ones that optimally meet student and staff needs.
Provide software support:
What You'll Learn on the Job
- Django web application framework; Perl programming language and CGI applications
- Design and usage of relational databases; networking technologies (e.g., DHCP, SNMP)
- Strategic planning and technical management
- Process for designing new applications to meet customer requirements
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff;
- Previous programming or scripting experience (e.g., Python, Perl, Java);
- Clearance of criminal background check due to the level of data access and access to systems and physical spaces required by the position.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Working knowledge of Unix environments;
- Understanding of application security and networking concepts;
- Experience with a Model-View-Controller framework (e.g. Django, Rails);
- Understanding of CGI Programming;
- Lower-division class standing.