The student helpdesk, part of Student Tech Services (STS), provides free tech support to all graduate, professional and undergraduate students at UC Berkeley.
The student helpdesk can assist with:
- Resolving WiFi problems and getting connected to the campus network
- Accessing and optimizing free campus software (incl. Adobe, bConnected, Microsoft, Zoom, etc.)
- Troubleshooting personal device issues, e.g. blue screens, slow performance, data recovery, etc.
- Setting up CalNet 2-Step, accessing bypass codes and hardware tokens, removing malware, and ensuring security
- Locating campus resources for device lending, hardware discounts, printing, and much more
- Pursuing campus IT job opportunities, including working as a Student Tech Consultant for the student helpdesk (work-study welcome, but not required)
Note: Visiting scholars and post-docs should contact IT Client Services for tech support, as should student employees who have needs around their UC-managed work device.