Student Technology Equity Program (STEP)
The Student Technology Equity Program provides long-term loans of Lenovo ThinkPad laptops and other technology hardware to undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Eligibility is determined based on financial need, previous support received, and instructional role (e.g. GSI).
iClicker Lending Program
If one or more of your classes requires use of an iClicker device, you may apply for a one-semester loan of an iClicker. Separate inventories are set aside for EOP-verified students, as well as for the general student population. Devices are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete this application. Applications open on Monday 8/30/21.
- You will receive notification within 1-2 business days of the status of your application.
- If your request is granted, you will be asked to schedule an appointment to pick-up a device (location will be provided).
- Before arriving for your appointment, you will need to ensure you are in full compliance with campus access requirements. If you do not have a green badge from your etang.berkeley.edu portal, we will be unable to issue you a device.
To return a previously-lent iClicker:
- Schedule an appointment to return your device.
- Attach a post-it to the device with your full name and student ID. If you are an EOP student, please add “EOP” to the post-it.
- Ensure you are in full compliance with campus access requirements prior to arriving for your appointment.
- About the iClicker lending program: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a Zoom appointment
- About your iClicker not working properly: contact the Student Helpdesk in-person, by phone or via email
- Explore Students Getting Started with Clickers and Student Troubleshooting for iClickers
Library Technology Lending Program
The Library lending program is available to registered UC Berkeley students including:
- Short-term loans of Dell Latitude, Lenovo ThinkPads and MacBook Airs from 4 hours to 14 days
- Short-term loans of accessories, such as adapters, chargers, headphones, projectors and more
Semester Chromebook Loans for Foundations in Data Science Students
Students enrolled in Foundations of Data Science (CS / Info / Statistics C8) or connector courses at Berkeley can now borrow laptop computers from the Library for the entire semester. Visit Berkeley Data Science for more information.